Team Lead, Product Marketing
CventWashington, DC22d ago
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to meeting and event professionals around the world. We are looking for a Team Lead who fits in with our dynamic, fast-paced culture and has the skills to contribute to Cvent’s long-term growth.
You will be part of a dynamic marketing team responsible for evolving and executing the go-to-market strategy for Cvent’s suite of group and transient business products. You’ll be conceiving, crafting, and overseeing product marketing programs and communications. You’ll be working closely with product management, marketing, and sales in such areas as customer communication, messaging and positioning, value proposition development, and sales enablement. You will be the expert on the market, our competition, our target market, their pain points, and how our solutions address those pain points, as well as the buyers’ journey and sales process.
Our ideal Team Lead, Product Marketing is passionate not only about developing go-to-market plans, but also overseeing marketing campaigns that generate leads and delivering tools that enable sales to convert opportunities. The most successful applicants will be the ones that are as comfortable in a technology discussion as they are brainstorming innovative campaign ideas.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assisting in the identification of market opportunities, articulate competitive differentiation, and deeply understand target segments to evolve and help execute the go-to-market strategy for a number of Cvent’s products
- Support the planning and management of the launch of new features and product releases, as well as assist with the development of go-to-market strategies for the product portfolio
- Leverage expertise to become a critical collaborator with relevant product managers
- Represent the interests of the product’s customers and its salespeople
- Create scoping and market requirement documents in addition to establishing value propositions and delivering solution-driven messaging that differentiates Cvent products from direct competitors and other marketing solutions providers
- Effectively communicate messaging to employees, prospects, customers, analysts, journalists, and other market influencers
- Develop an understanding of the buyers and buying stages for multiple Cvent products and assist in generating strategies that improve the funnel
- Represent the Cvent marketing team and work cross-functionally with the corporate pricing team to create product pricing and monetization strategies
- Partner with marketing teams to support associated marketing initiatives and campaigns
- Collaborate with the sales enablement team to execute collateral, client presentations, proposal templates, etc.
- Assist the sales team with calls and, when appropriate, provide deeper insight and understanding of multiple Cvent products
What You Need For This Position
- 4 - 6 years of professional experience, a bonus if experience is in SaaS-based, technology products in the B2B space, or product marketing
- BA/BS in marketing or closely related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strength in working with cross-functional teams including executive management, product management, operations, sales, and marketing
- Self-directed, organized, and disciplined team player who is capable of hands-on-execution and long-term business planning
- Experience in problem framing, data-driven problem solving, and implementing associated recommendations
- Entrepreneurial, creative, organized, self-motivated with attention to detail
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment prone to sudden changes in priority
- Experience in content marketing and/or writing for a publication is a plus
- Hospitality industry experience is a plus
- Pragmatic Marketing training/certification knowledge is a plus