Product Marketing Manager – Data Science and Analytics Platform
ZeplSan Jose, CA13d ago
Looking for a management team that sold their last company to Cisco? Want to get in on the ground floor of a Series B startup with great upside? Would you like to build out your own product marketing team from the ground up?
Read on ...
Zepl's mission is to help companies use their data as a competitive advantage. Since we released our open source data science notebook, Apache Zeppelin, we’ve had more than 500,000 downloads worldwide. Then we created Zepl, an enterprise data science and analytics platform which supports the entire ML pipeline. Hundreds of people a month register for our free trial, and we are fueling that growth with new partnerships with Snowflake and AWS.
As the first Product Marketing Manager at Zepl, you have an opportunity to join a pre-IPO team in a role that is critical to the growth of our sales pipeline and company-wide revenue goals. The right person will have a direct impact on the value of our company.
We’re not just a highly ambitious company positioned in a great space for fast growth, but our team has a proven track record of success. Many of us have worked together at previous startups, and we’ve followed each other to Zepl to do it all again (we’ve stacked the deck with talented people we like!). Come see if we might be a great fit for you.
We’re looking for a hands-on product marketer with 3+ years experience creating awesome content that leads customers through the buyer’s journey. You love to tell the enterprise software story in a compelling and engaging way through content development and delivery. You are looking for a career-defining opportunity and a proven, results-oriented team who sold their last software company to AppDynamics/Cisco.
Your Day to Day
· Distill complex technical differentiators into simple, sticky stories
· Create assets that lead the customer through the sales funnel, including slides, web content , videos, blogs, data sheets, and webinars
· Understand and position a deeply technical product for a variety of customer personas including data scientists, analysts, and engineers as well as business stakeholders
· Know our competition, and tell us how to win against them
· Provide strategic insight to improve our SEO rankings for targeted words
What You Bring to the Team
· 3+ years experience in product/solution marketing or content marketing role
· Strong knowledge of the analytics and/or DS/ML/AI space, ideally from working for one of our competitors
· Experience using data to optimize/scale market strategies and tactics
· Hands-on approach: you dig into problems and use data and creativity to solve them
· Love of new technology
· Creative thinker, problem solver, and standout idea generator
Competitive Benefits + Compensation
· Work in Downtown San Jose: Awesome public transportation and free parking. Great lunch and happy hour spots.
· 401K: Save for your future with our 401(k) plan.
· Yoga & Gym: Free gym and yoga classes in our building. Discounted rates at all PowerCore Yoga locations.
· Medical, Vision, Dental: Several choices for you and your family.
· Commute Friendly: Downtown San Jose location with free parking. Close to Caltrain and VTA Light Rail.
· Pre-IPO Stock Options: We believe everybody is in it to win it.
160 W. Santa Clara Street #500
San Jose, CA 95113
VP of Marketing