Product Marketing Manager
MessageGearsAtlanta, GA1M ago
MessageGears is the first email marketing solution of its kind. By combining the power and security of on-premises software with the efficiency and scalability of cloud delivery, we enable marketers to capitalize on every email. We’re not interested in simply being another email service provider – we’re disrupting an industry by providing a solution that gives marketers complete control over their multi-channel programs through advanced tech.
Reporting to the VP Marketing, the Product Marketing Manager will be crucial in helping to drive the creation of strategic messaging, product positioning, customer engagement, competitive differentiation, persona development and content creation. This role will be responsible for go-to-market messaging and positioning of our products relying on a technical understanding of what makes our Hybrid model unique, making sure we have a sales team that is equipped and enabled to sell successfully, and creating collateral that attracts attention and clearly differentiates MessageGears in a crowded enterprise martech marketplace.
Product Positioning and Messaging
- Support the development of product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market.
- Partner with the Product Team to maintain fresh marketing collateral communicating product enhancements and improved workflows.
- Work with Sales and Product teams to develop and update market-ready messaging that demonstrates thought leadership, articulates our competitive differentiators, current and near-term product capabilities for our three products: Segment, Message, and Engage.
- Make sure the website always reflects up-to-date product functionality and positioning.
- Create website content that draws prospect interest and leads them to convert to leads and, ultimately, customers.
- Drive the competitive research strategy and execution, including compiling, analyzing and distilling competitive information.
- Become an expert on our competition and how to outmaneuver them. In particular, enable sales team to differentiate against the competition through regular competitive intelligence updates and key market insight.
- Step up and deliver best-in-class product marketing materials that maximize conversion at each step in the sales funnel.
- Run point on product-related content strategy, including fact sheets, webinars and demos, event content/presentations, website and social content, video, and often serve as editor to other key functional groups like product and corporate communications.
- Lead new product launches and release communications, delivering key work streams where appropriate and getting deliverables from a cross-functional team.
- Help inspire, equip and train our Sales team to engage and win new customers. Communicate the value proposition of the products to the Sales team by developing internal sales tools that support the selling process of our products.
- Communicate product roadmaps to the sales organization, along with competitive positioning and key messages.
- Assist in creating materials to support the Sales team, including competitive battlecards and detailed buyer persona strategies.
- 5+ years of Product Marketing or Product Management for a software company, ideally working with SaaS products and preferably in marketing technology
- Understand the core mechanics of B2B marketing and sales, especially in a high-growth start-up
- Proven success in complex, solution-oriented market development
- "Roll-up-your-sleeves" entrepreneurial attitude
- Creative fountain of ideas to drive the business forward, both strategic and tactical
- Exceptional writing and communication skills, as well as the ability to read, interpret and summarize numerical and written information
- Experience building impactful marketing collateral and informational content, including whitepapers, interactive product demos, webinars, and web video for content marketing programs
- Ability to ‘ask the right questions’ to help shape message and product direction
- Natural ability to relate to customers and prospects
- Superb collaborator with proven ability to work with cross-functional team
- Extremely self-motivated and also able to help organize and motivate others
- Fun, fast-paced, professional and collaborative environment in downtown Atlanta
- Casual dress all-day, everyday
- Generous PTO policy
- Flexible hours
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid covered parking spot or MARTA pass