Manager/Head of Competitive Intelligence and Market Research
HubSpotCambridge, MA or Dublin1M ago
Manager, Head of Competitive and Market Intelligence
Cambridge, MA, USA
At HubSpot, our mission is to help millions of organizations grow better and we need exceptional leaders to help us do that. As Manager, Competitive and Market Intelligence, you’ll join our product marketing team to manage the Competitive Intelligence and Market Research programs, which are core to helping us analyze, react, and lead in an ever-changing marketing and sales software environment.
In this role, you will:
- Know HubSpot’s platform inside and out, and how it compares to other marketing and sales software (Past experience in the SaaS space is a plus)
- Be a player-coach in Competitive Intelligence, doing hands-on analysis and content work. This will be the core focus of the role, but you will also be responsible for helping build and guide our market research efforts.
- Conduct market analysis to gain a deep understanding of market conditions and the competition
- Conduct live training sessions and develop tools to help sales reps be more efficient
- Support the sales team on key deals, giving great demos and jumping on calls with prospects or customers when needed
- Create sales collateral that showcases the inbound vision and HubSpot’s software
- Experiment with new, better, more scalable ways to do all of the above (Technical acumen around NLP and data mining is a plus)
- Be an empathetic and agile leader who has a history of supporting a team to do their best work
- Drive awareness and adoption of the team’s insights across the business. This includes presentations for the executive leadership team
- Support sales teams in partnership with Sales Enablement through scalable self-serve competitive assets (internal and external facing). Provide high touch support on sales deals and in competitive situations with customers (present to prospects and customers if needed).
To be successful in this job, you need to:
- Be an innovator who is always creating better ways to do things and questions the status quo.
- Have experience developing a team of direct and indirect reports of varying career levels.
- Love rolling up your sleeves and getting into the work.
- Have experience using and analyzing software.
- Have experience managing a team successfully and independently.
- Have an understanding of sales reps needs and experience with creating the right methodologies to ensure their success. They’re short on time, need to make a quota and have all different types of sales styles. It’s important to make clear, concise and flexible sales tools.
- Think analytically. Instinctively ask, “How do I know if this is successful?” “How do I measure it?”
- Embrace change. Things are constantly changing at HubSpot. You need to be open to and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Have strong presentation skills.
- Be comfortable using tools like SQL, Looker, and Amplitude
- Be highly organized and have a high level of accountability for the quality and outcomes of your work and your team’s work
- As mentioned above: Technical acumen with data mining and NLP is a plus. As is experience in the SaaS space and working closely with Sales.
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to hear from you.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as the 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we’d love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world’s small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 3M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We’re headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Recruiting Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.