Head of Content
BrexSan Francisco12d ago
Brex is revolutionizing financial services for businesses, starting with corporate cards for startups. We are building the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features and a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms and industry veterans such as Peter Thiel and Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, and we’re looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board.
Based in San Francisco, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds. We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, and comfort learning new technologies. Most importantly, we’re looking for people who are enthusiastic about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs.
The Head of Content at Brex is a critical hire who will lead marketing content for all products and verticals. The ideal candidate is a passionate storyteller with extensive experience developing high-performing content to attract and engage our target audience.
We’re looking for an exceptionally ambitious, strategic thinker to craft compelling stories that attract, engage, and activate audiences. This role will be instrumental not only in improving existing content programs but also in defining and developing Brex’s positioning and messaging strategy going forward! To thrive in this position, you are able to balance strategic marquee campaigns and everyday tactical efforts, and support the full marketing funnel. You will be a player-coach, writing your own content as well as mentoring and leading the team. Your best work is done in highly collaborative and cross-functional environments.
What You'll Do:
- Produce content that is tailored to target audience segments and all funnel stages
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to produce on-brand content that supports our marketing and business goals (Marketing, Design, Product, BD, Sales, and Customer Success)
- Manage a small and mighty team to lead content strategy for all products (Brex cards for tech, life sciences, and ecommerce; Brex Cash, Integrations) and be a strong advocate for the team
- Spearhead efforts to align and prioritize content development and execution to deliver cohesive prospect and customer experiences
- Refine, evolve, and execute positioning across products to support integrated marketing and streamline communications
- Strengthen Brex’s voice across products and marketing channels
What We Value:
- Demonstrated success creating content for different channels and formats and strong understanding of SEO best practices (please include a link to your portfolio)
- College graduate with a 4-year degree
- 10+ years working in content marketing strategy with an emphasis on brand and positioning, preferably within a marketing team and B2B tech, with 3+ years of managerial experience leading high-performing teams
- Collaborative working style with a focus on building relationships across teams and promoting content best practices throughout the company
- Experience operating both strategically and tactically in a fast-paced environment, driving projects from creative conception to completion, and demonstrating the effectiveness of content
- Demonstrated ability to quickly become an expert on new subject matter
- Keen interest and competence in tech, and experience in financial services is highly preferred
- Ambitious self-starter who has a passion for tackling big challenges and a good sense of humor
- Very strong writing skills (including flawless grammar and spelling), and ability to produce high-quality content with little-to-no editorial oversight