Director of Product Marketing
Harmonic Insurance ServicesOakland, CA1M ago
Harmonic is looking for a terrific Product Marketer to join our team in Oakland. We are a pre-launch Insurtech startup with some big ideas about how to change the marketing and sales of a $725 billion/year industry.
This role will lead our marketing efforts - with the primary focus on how to get consumers to understand and accept our compelling offer. All our marketing will be done online and via email, so deep expertise in marketing digital products is critical.
This position will work very closely with the Director of Product Management, the CTO and the CEO. We strive to be great teammates, and we are looking for someone who also is a great team player.
- Develop product messaging and value propositions for Harmonic’s early users in order to drive awareness, adoption, and retention
- Tackle complex problems with a great marketing toolkit and a strategic mindset
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative insights to fully understand Harmonic’s early users and influence their behavior
- Establish key product metrics and use these metrics to measure performance of marketing programs
You should have:
- 5+ years marketing experience with a focus on product marketing
- Demonstrated ability to develop, execute, and measure marketing initiatives that drive audiences to realize product value and take action
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience working in or with an early stage business
- Creativity in tackling business opportunities
- Ability to define and develop a brand
- An interest in driving change in a large industry
- A bias toward shipping product rather than meeting endlessly
Insurance companies spend billions of $$ on TV, radio and online advertising - annoying everyone in the process, and driving their cost of new customer acquisition to the $500-$1,000 range. We think that there is a better way to market insurance so that the consumer wins instead of the TV networks. Come join us on this quest.
Harmonic offers an attractive compensation package including equity, salary, 401k plan with match, health, dental and vision insurance. We are located on Broadway in Oakland near BART, with plenty of restaurants, coffee shops and hipsters nearby.